Harmony Centre is a unique social enterprise providing affordable rental spaces to charities, not-for-profits, start-ups and people in the arts, where they can share, create, educate and perform.
We are seeking a part time Operations Manager to oversee our business and facility operations. We are hiring for 20 on-site hours per week to start with the opportunity to increase over time. Some amount of flex-time is possible.
The successful candidate will:
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- be energetic and engaged with the spirit of Harmony Centre
- be organized and have great attention to detail
- work well with, encourage and motivate volunteers
- have good computer skills and be willing to learn the programs we use, including Quickbooks
- have experience working in an office environment
- have experience with not-for-profits and working with a board
Tasks will include:
- monitoring the facility to identify and address problems and needs
- guiding potential renters through the process of choosing an event space, filling out rental agreements, booking spaces, identifying renter needs, and making sure that everyone who uses Harmony Centre has the best experience we can provide
- keeping in touch with our resident groups and being their first point of contact when they have needs
- handling finances, recording income, paying bills, entering financial transactions in a timely manner
- attending or reporting to monthly board meetings
- working with the Harmony Centre Board and various volunteer committees to facilitate their work
Remuneration will range from $25-$30 per hour depending on qualifications and experience.
Send resumes and letter of interest to email@example.com before May 31, 2022